The initiative in creating change has always been an integral aspect of man. Equipped with their relative skills and competencies, they engage in various efforts to create opportunities that will improve their capabilities and cater to the service of individuals. Amidst the trials and difficulties in the process, hard work and determination remains to be a vital factor in attaining their desired objectives and purpose in life.  It is with this mindset, that I begin this three year career development plan.
I have recognized that the economic problems that are plaguing the world economy at the present are numerous to say the least.  Since the collapse of the Housing market, economies around the world have experienced what some have come to call an economic recession.  While it remains to be seen if the global market is really undergoing a recession at this point in time, this situation can be used as a great opportunity for anyone looking to establish an excellent career in finance to take advantage of.
In the short term, I see myself gaining valuable experience from the top firms in Europe.  I feel that joining a global investment bank in Londons Financial District as a financial analyst will allow me to acquire experience in the assessment of capital budgeting projects, mergers and acquisitions, and the methods by which firms raise capital, as well as gaining cross-cultural experience.  I understand that the lessons I can gain here will provide me with an edge in the ever competitive international finance market.
Eventually, I envision setting up my own consultancy firm, specializing in international trade.  With the shaky economic developments in Dubai, it becomes important for anyone to become an expert in this field to not only have that cross-cultural perspective but also a keen understanding of financial markets.  This is why I have realized that in order to be prepared for this advanced education in my area of specialization I require the training and expertise that your fine academic institution can impart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment