The personal statement below is based on two important pillars that are critical for an individual pursuing academic training in disciplines like Economics.  The first one comprises the scholarly interest that the person wishes to pursue.  In order to specialize in the chosen area it is also important that such an individual holds personal skills and attributes that sustain this field, which is the second important element.  The aforesaid two aspects will be applied on me in the forthcoming sections.

Academic Interests
I am an international student from China and I am twenty one years old.  From an early age I showed interest in my studies and my aim was that I broaden my academic skills by continue my formal education.  I have good GPA rating, which is in the average of 3 and 4.  Although History is my favourite topic I always attained good results in the other subjects.  As soon as I finished high school in China I decided to pursue College Education.  For the past two years I have been attending the Pennsylvania College and now I envisage commencing a degree in Economics.

Personal Attributes and Special Skills
When an individual decides to continue hisher studies in a foreign country, one must have the ability to speak clearly the countries native language and must have also good written communicational skills.  Back to school days I always had such abilities.  In class I was often elected as its prefect and whenever school plays where held I was always chosen as the main actor.  This helped me to build up my self-confidence and visualize a better future for my career.

I was also involved as a group leader of a small local community.  Hikes and abroad travelling were organized by me, which entailed general research skills.  During this period I gained a good knowledge of communication skills both written and verbal.  I also have good computer skills both of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, which were gathered by preparing documents and brochures necessary for the aforesaid outings.

I am very committed and devoted to my work.  I work hard to achieve the best results both for my studies and in other endeavours that I pursue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment