Introduction to Executive Tools for Decision Making

The company that I have chosen for my project is The Tyson Company. The Tyson Company was founded in 1935 in Springdale, Arkansas. It is the second largest food production company according to Fortune 500. It is also a member of SP 500.

The company is the market leader when it comes to protein based and prepared food products. It is also the largest processor of beef, pork and chicken. The products of Tyson Company are sold to people in more than 90 countries and throughout the United States. The core values and beliefs of the company are diversity, integrity, serving the people, safety, consistency, respect of customers and other stakeholders, and faithfulness towards God and the company. There are currently around 117,000 employees of the company the employees are not referred to as the employees but rather as team members as they help achieve the goals that the company has set for itself. There are more than 300 facilities and offices within the United States and it is through these facilities and offices that the company operates. (Tyson Foods)

I have a personal relationship with the company as my grandfather has worked with the Tyson Company for over 20 years as a security guard. While I was a teenager, I interned with the Tyson Company during the summers. This has helped me develop a personal relationship with the company and makes me feel a part of it. After having interned there I think I will be better able to understand the processes and the procedures of the company, which will help me analyze the company better and write up my report.

0 comments:

Post a Comment