The progress of mankind can be attributed to efficient and effective communication.  Take the example of Warren Edward Buffett, who, with only a word, can he impact the whole business world.  He is definitely a person who can make good use of harmonizing independent thinking and expression.  Aside from being such an influence in the world of business, he is also a philanthropist, donating a lot of his personal fortune to charities.  By equipping professional knowledge, integral communication skills and business ethic and social responsibility, this Sage of Omaha is respected and followed by thousands of business world people.

Looking at what he has achieved, I believe that his success is derived from having a Principled Leadership.
This philosophy of having a principled leadership has helped me in my own endeavors as well.  Through the examples that leaders such as Warren Buffet have given, I am able to emulate them and pattern my own personal leadership style in such a manner.  A pivotal experience that helped me cultivate my leadership was a training project I designed when I worked in the Treasury Department.  This was a difficult situation for me because I understood the importance of this module.  The training project would be integral to the development and formation of new hires and I wanted to impress upon them the solid fundamentals and principles that were needed to not only bring the department to new heights but also allow these employees to grow as individuals.  It was inevitable that we would reach and impasse but because of my leadership I quickly took the role of facilitator and allowed the freedom of intercourse between the parties.  This led to a clearer resolution of objectives and thus I was able to accomplish the project perfectly.

The challenge in this globalized world lies in being able to move up without sacrificing any principles.  I believe that this can be accomplished by establishing clear communication channels and establishing strong working relations with team members.  I also believe that while I have the experience and the talent to achieve this I also need the training and guidance that this MBA program has to offer.  As such, I formally present my intention to apply for the graduate studies in this school and look forward to an enriching and fulfilling educational experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment